Joie Bold 1/2/3 Car Seat Ember
Suits: Toddler, Child
Ages and stages: 9 - 36kg (approx 9 months - 12 years)
ISOFIX attachment: Both. ISOFIX with Top Tether and adult seatbelt up to 25kg using the 5-point harness.
Extended rear-facing: No
Size: 47(l) x 46.2-46.9(w) x h 66-85.5(h)cm
Testing certification: ECE R44/04
Available colours (2020): Ember (grey/black)
Meet Bold, a triple trooper with bonus harness protection, ever snug ISOFIX and vehicle belt installation, making growing up fast, simple and secure.
This seat accommodates little ones from 9kg all the way up to an extended 25kg using the 5-point harness, and then converts to a belted booster from 15-36kg.
The 9 position ISOSAFE connectors, top tether and vehicle belt, pair together for a safer and stronger installation, plus the full side impact protection with Guard Surround Safety™ panels shield little ones from head to hips, making bold™ one powerful protector.
- Extended 5-point harness usage all the way up to 25kg, which stores away within the seat when using as a group 2/3 booster.
- One-hand, 11 position height adjustable headrest and 3 cosy recline positions.
- Guard Surround Safety™ panels provide extra side impact protection and fold into seat when not in use.
- Side impact protection provides added security for the head, body, and hips.
- Grow Together™ headrest and harness system adjusts simultaneously and requires no re-threading of harness.
- Removable body support for younger children and removable cupholder which attaches on either side of the child seat.
- One-pull motion easily tightens the 5-point harness.
Ventilation on sides of shell.
The current safety guidelines advise that newborn babies are not left in their car seat for longer than 30 minutes. For babies 2-6 months, no longer than 2 hours. It is also safer to keep your child rear-facing for as long as possible - a minimum of 15 months but ideally 4 years. A child should never be in their harnessed car seat with a thick winter coat or snowsuit on.